Can they be recycled?
Some elements of ring binders can be recycled and some can’t be. The metal can be removed and recycled at your local reuse and recycling centre, any plastic has to go in your bin, and any cardboard can go in your recycling bin.
How to recycle?
- Use a flat head (standard) screwdriver to pop out the ring
- Use a knife to cut open the vinyl about a half inch from the edge of each panel and on the spine in order to remove the chipboard panels inside.
- Put the paper chipboard in your recycling bin and throw the vinyl in the rubbish
- Recycle the metal ring at your local reuse and recycling centre
- Use a flat head screwdriver to pop out the ring
- Put the cardboard in your recycling bin
- Take the metal ring to your local reuse and recycling centre