Can they be recycled?
Tennis balls can’t be recycled from home. However, there are a couple of small UK-based organisations that you can send your used balls to:
- Recycle Tennis Balls collect old tennis balls and send them on to dog charities or animal rescue homes. All you need to do is set up a collection point at your local tennis club and when you have around 100 balls, post them off for free using this freepost label!
- Recycaball will buy used tennis balls for up to 20p that are in good condition, and will either re-pressurize them to give them a new lease of life, or will pass them on to charities.
If you aren’t part of a tennis club, or only have a small number of used balls, you could re-purpose them for other uses at home. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- If they’re clean, put them in the dryer with your wet clothes. This will help to decrease the drying time — saving you both money and energy!
- Put tennis balls in your toilet tank. This will decrease the amount of water used for every flush.
- Cut a slit in an old ball and use it to store coins. This is a fun way to encourage kids to save for new tennis equipment.