82% of Londoners are concerned about climate change*
And lots of us are acting to do something about it. Many of us are great at recycling, but some of us could do more. Our new campaign, “Don’t be that person. Recycle.” is intended to celebrate all of us who are recycling, and give a little nudge to those who could be doing more.
Recycling alone won’t change the world, but it’s a quick, easy thing we can all do to help the environment.
* What do Londoners think about climate change? Results from London Councils’ 2020 climate change polling
Recycling is just one of many sustainable behaviours we can adopt, but it’s quick and easy. Every time you throw something away you can make a difference because recycling:
- Protects the environment
- Less waste goes to landfill
- Saves energy and reduces CO2 emissions
Find out what you can recycle
Click to find out what items you can and cannot recycle and where to recycle them!
Find out how to recycle where you live
- What your recycling services look like
- What you can and can’t recycle at home
- Plus more useful recycling information
Get set up to recycle at home
You don’t have to buy another bin for your recycling. There are loads of ways you can create some extra storage for collecting your recycling.
A-Z of recycling
You can use our A-Z search to find out if something can be recycled and how to recycle it properly.