Watch this video to find out more about the paper-recycling process:
How is paper recycled:
- Paper is taken to a recycling plant where it is separated into different types and grades.
- The separated paper is then washed with soapy water to remove inks, plastic film, staples and glue. The paper is put into a large holder where it is mixed with water to create ‘slurry’.
- By adding different materials to the slurry, different paper products can be created, such as cardboard, newsprints or office paper.
- The slurry is spread into large thin sheets using rollers.
- The paper is left to dry and is then rolled up ready to be cut and made into new products.